The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management is an alliance of some of the world’s leading graduate business schools and business organizations, and its aim is to enhance diversity and inclusion in global business education and leadership by striving to reduce the significant underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans in member schools’ enrollments and the ranks of global management across sectors. As of now, The Consortium has 23 member schools.
The Consortium offers a streamlined application process that enables candidates who have demonstrated or supported its mission to apply to multiple member schools at once while also being evaluated for membership to The Consortium. Applicants who are accepted to The Consortium are granted access to exclusive events and the entire Consortium network. In addition, they are considered for a full-tuition merit scholarship to one or more of the member schools to which they have applied.
You should consider submitting your business school application(s) via The Consortium if any of the following apply to you:
- You have a proven record of promoting inclusion at school, in your job(s), and/or in your personal life.
- You plan to apply to one or more of The Consortium’s member schools.
- You belong to one of the following underrepresented groups: African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans.
- Be aware that this is not a requirement to be accepted to The Consortium, but you will nonetheless need to have a track record of supporting one or more of these target groups to be considered for Consortium membership.
- You are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
To maximize your chances of being selected for Consortium membership and fellowship, you need to craft a submission that shows your commitment to The Consortium’s mission of enhancing diversity and inclusion in global business education and leadership. Please read our essay tips for The Consortium for guidance on how to approach and write the required core and membership application essays.