Today’s Fortune Magazine profiles John Rice and the MLT Foundation in an article entitled, “The Race to Bring More Diversity to Campus”. Rice started this non-profit organization to increase diversity at top-MBA programs, by making minority candidates aware of the opportunity and then taking candidates through a specialized MBA Prep program.
A variety of rather compelling stats on the program follow:
– MLT is the No. 1 source of minorities for top ten business schools.
– 40 percent of minorities entering Harvard-Business School in 2005 were MLT alums.
– 55 percent of MLT-applications to top ten MBA programs in 2005 were accepted, three times the average of 18 percent for all applications.
– 80 percent of MLT students score above 600 (out of 800) on the GMAT, compared with just 30 percent of all 2004-05 test takers.
– 85 percent of MLT-students starting B-school in 2005 and 2006 are in one of the top ten MBA programs.
– 90 percent+ of MLT-students get into one of their top three B-school choices.
For more information: www.mlt.org