The new year is a time when many MBA graduates and students reflect on their careers and look for new opportunities. Check out a few relevant articles that caught the attention of mbaMission’s Career Coaches:
Self-Reflection and Skill Building
- McKinsey or a Startup?: Read about the differences in these common MBA career paths and decide which is right for you.
- Combating Workplace Bias: Learn best practices for companies and individuals to create more inclusive work environments.
- 7 Simple Questions to Help Form Your 2021 Career Goals: Reflect on your career in 2020, capturing learnings for future goal setting.
Career Development and Acceleration
- Being Productive Is Not Enough – How To Prioritize Your Highest Value: Find ways to prioritize your time as remote work (and school!) continues.
- Starting a New Job? Take Control of Your Onboarding: Gather tips for early success, including the importance of identifying key influencers and stakeholders in your new role.
- 2021 Wealthfront Career-Launching Companies List: Identify potential target companies of interest for your job search.
- Covid-19, Remote Work Make Austin a Magnet for New Jobs: Understand recent trends in hiring as well as the availability of jobs outside of New York and San Francisco.
- Do You Have E-Charisma on Zoom? Here’s How to Get It: Reflect on the best ways to build relationships via Zoom.
In addition to the above articles, we recommend The WorkLife Podcast Club from Adam Grant, a professor at Wharton.
Finally, we know that working (or schooling) from home makes many people feel like they now live at work (or school)! There are consequences to this lack of separation between home and work. Check out these quick tips on How to Stay Motivated When Working From Home.