In this blog series, our mbaMission Career Coaches offer invaluable advice and industry-related news to help you actively manage your career. Topics include building your network, learning from mistakes and setbacks, perfecting your written communication, and mastering even the toughest interviews. To schedule a free half-hour consultation with one of our mbaMission Career Coaches, click here.
If you are looking for ways to grow and challenge yourself or develop your knowledge on a specific topic but are short on time, career development–focused podcasts are a great resource. Here are some of our current favorites:
- TED: WorkLife with Adam Grant: Organizational psychologist Adam Grant takes you inside unconventional workplaces to explore the ideas we can all use to make work more meaningful and creative.
- NPR’s How I Built This with Guy Raz: Learn the stories behind some of the world’s best known companies by listening to innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists share their experiences.
- HBR IdeaCast: Harvard Business Review’s executive editor, Sarah Green Carmichael, hosts this podcast, which features leading thinkers in business and management.
- Learn Educate Discover: Learn about different careers, what each is all about, and how to be a relevant candidate.
- Pivot Podcast with Jenny Blake: A former Google career coach interviews experts on how they stay agile in a rapidly shifting workforce.
We recommend you also seek out and listen to the podcasts of key influencers in your target market.
Finally, as you engage with leaders in your target marketplace, show your curiosity and engagement by keeping abreast of the top business news using an app like Flipboard, which is an easy and time-efficient way to see curated content and stay informed.
What are your favorite career-related podcasts? Email us your suggestions at email@example.com. We will take a listen and share them with our readers.
Have you been admitted to business school? If so, do you want to get a head start on defining your career goals? Do you need help preparing for job interviews or learning how to effectively network with your target employers? Or maybe you want to be a top performer in your current role but are unsure how to maximize your potential. Let an mbaMission Career Coach help via a free 30-minute consultation!