This week, the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University released its 2017-2018 MBA application deadlines and essay questions.
For 2017-2018, the following two essays are required of all applicants:
- Kellogg’s purpose is to educate, equip & inspire brave leaders who create lasting value. Tell us about a time you have demonstrated leadership and created lasting value. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)
- Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)
Certain applicants will respond to additional questions:
- Dual-degree applicants: For applicants to the MMM or JD-MBA dual degree programs, please explain why that program is right for you. (250 words)
- Re-applicants: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 word limit)
All applicants have the opportunity to provide explanations or clarification in Additional Information:
- If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.) (no word count)
In our essay analysis, we present our thoughts on how to address each of these prompts for 2017–2018.
The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University also released its 2017-2018 deadlines–along with its application essay questions.
1. Share with us a list of “25 Random Things” about yourself.
2. Based on your understanding of the Fuqua culture, how do you see yourself engaging in and contributing to our community, outside of the classroom?
In our essay analysis, we offer our advice for approaching each of Fuqua’s prompts for this season.
For a complete list of 2017-2018 business school deadlines, be sure to check our Application Deadlines page. We will be updating our list as business schools release them.