5. You are unhappy in your job (or are getting ready to start business school), but you are uncertain about your career direction. Working together, we can uncover what motivates you in the workplace, craft a list of your essential career components, and draft your brand statement.
4. You have not updated your resume or your LinkedIn profile in more than six months (or you saw a job posting of interest and need to write a cover letter/submit an up-to-date resume), and you do not know where to begin. By sharing best practices, brainstorming experiences to highlight, and editing content, we can help you identify and present your brand to your target audience in a memorable and relevant way.
3. You are terrified of networking, but you know that finding advocates and getting referrals are important parts of your job search. Whether we are helping you to create your pitch, identify target companies and contacts, and draft introductory emails/sample networking questions to ask or are holding you accountable to your goals, we can offer support as you build and execute a networking action plan.
2. You are getting interviews but no offers! We will brainstorm potential questions you might receive during interviews, identify how to strategically address these questions, and help you practice delivering your answers. We also will ensure that during the interview, you are effectively expressing your ability to do the job, your interest in the job, and your fit with the company.
1. You are feeling frustrated with the lack of results in your current job search. By listening carefully and asking probing questions, our career coaches can offer thoughtful insights, personalized advice, and candid feedback on where you could be more effective in your job search. Then together, we can draft a job search plan that includes specific milestones.
Of course, we can also help you with other aspects of career management, including the following:
- Managing the offer process (whether negotiating a job offer or declining one)
- Building and maintaining your network for the future
- Excelling in your current role and/or preparing for your next position within the firm
- Serving as a sounding board or a motivator
Our career coaches are excited to partner with you. Together, we can create a structured plan to address any obstacles you are facing in your job search.
Schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation so we can discuss your job search efforts to date and how we can support your needs!
Have you been admitted to business school? If so, do you want to get a head start on defining your career goals? Do you need help preparing for job interviews or learning how to effectively network with your target employers? Or maybe you want to be a top performer in your current role but are unsure how to maximize your potential. Let an mbaMission Career Coach help via a free 30-minute consultation!