Stanford GSB has remained faithful to the essay prompts it presented last season:
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why? (School-suggested word count of 750)
For this essay, we would like you to:
- Do some deep self-examination, so you can genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Write from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
Essay B: Why Stanford? (School-suggested word count of 400)
Enlighten us on how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
- If you are applying to both the MBA and MSx programs, use Essay B to address your interest in both programs.
For more information, please visit https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/mba/admission/.
For a complete list of 2018–2019 business school deadlines, be sure to check our Application Deadlines page. We will be updating our list as business schools release their deadlines in the coming months.
Finally, stay tuned to the mbaMission blog for our analysis of the 2018–2019 Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) essay question, and be sure to download our free Insider’s Guide to Stanford Graduate School of Business!