Julie-Anne Heafey earned her bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College and her MBA from Harvard Business School (HBS), where she was co-president of the Women’s Student Association and collaborated with the admissions committee on attracting women applicants. After earning her MBA, Julie-Anne entered strategy consulting, working initially with the Parthenon Group in Boston and then as a freelance consultant to businesses in financial services, healthcare, software, retail, and social impact in New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
Julie-Anne began her pre-MBA career in finance, working in France at an internship with the CFO of a large steel company through the École Polytechnique. Later, she joined an equity research team at Salomon Smith Barney, where she was involved in writing call notes, company reports, and industry overviews. Intrigued by how technology was transforming the industry, she transitioned to the firm’s fledgling Internet group, which was tasked with developing the company’s first website and online services. There she discovered her passion for strategy and marketing.
While at Dartmouth, Julie-Anne led tours and information sessions for the admissions department, and she now interviews applicants to the college each year as an alumna volunteer. She has also taught GMAT test-taking skills with Kaplan Test Prep and counseled aspiring MBAs on their business school applications. Julie-Anne is excited about helping mbaMission clients position themselves for success in the competitive application process.
Received MBA from: Harvard Business School
Undergraduate field of study: History
Fields worked in before mbaMission: Financial services, technology, and strategy consulting
Working style: Strategic and dedicated
Five things you want your clients to know about you:
- I started out in equity research, where I was known for high-volume output in earnings season (we covered 63 companies!) and an eagle eye in editing.
- With many years of consulting under my belt, I am good at seeing patterns and trends in big amounts of data and synthesizing them into a story.
- At HBS, I was co-president of the Women’s Student Association, which ran a conference, admissions outreach efforts, social events, and a large exam review effort serving 95% of first years.
- As an undergrad at Dartmouth, I also worked with the Admissions Office and gave many tours around campus. I became an expert at walking backward in snow.
- I love getting to know my clients and uncovering things that they do not even realize about themselves. It can be really hard to see yourself from the outside and identify what sets you apart!
Watch Julie-Anne’s video:
Do you want to speak with Julie-Anne about your business school prospects? Sign up for a free 30-minute consultation here.