Mission Admission is a series of MBA admission tips; a new one is posted each Tuesday.
As you no doubt know, we at mbaMission are strong believers in students helping students go beyond the web sites in order to truly experience MBA programs, thereby ensuring “fit.” Far too many students rely on rankings, which are arbitrary and fluctuate wildly, and do not really take the time to get to know the character of their target programs. A priori experience is truly invaluable as you seek to identify your ideal match – to that end, the MBA Tour presents a tremendous opportunity for you to meet with many MBA Admissions Officers from MBA programs around the world, by bringing them all to one location. At MBA Tour events, you will have the opportunity to interact with Admissions Officers, and often students and alumni, from top schools and ask each of them the questions that you need answered — all in a risk-free environment.
We have attached a calendar of North American events below and will be attending several of the events ourselves (stay tuned to find out which ones). Visit the MBA Tour web site for more information on each event:
- Thurs., Sept. 2, 2010 – Houston
- Sat., Sept. 11, 2010 – Boston
- Sun., Sept. 12, 2010 – Washington DC
- Tues., Sept. 14, 2010 – Chicago
- Sun., Sept. 19, 2010 – New York City
- Mon., Sept. 20, 2010 – New York City (Euro MBA)
- Thurs., Sept. 23, 2010 – Atlanta
- Sat., Sept. 25, 2010 – Los Angeles
- Sun., Sept. 26, 2010 – San Francisco