For the second straight year, HBS has kicked off the MBA application season by releasing its essay questions in May. In past years, many schools released their questions in early July, but when HBS advanced the application calendar last year, others quickly followed suit. We expect the same to occur this year—we shall see in the coming weeks.
We have attached HBS’s essay questions below. We will provide our essay analysis shortly.
- What are your three most substantial accomplishments and why do you view them as such? (600-word limit)
- What have you learned from a mistake? (400-word limit)
Please respond to two of the following (400-word limit each):
- What would you like the MBA Admissions Board to know about your undergraduate academic experience?
- Discuss how you have engaged with a community or organization.
- Tell us about a time when you made a difficult decision.
- Write a cover letter to your application introducing yourself to the Admissions Board.
- What is your career vision and why is this choice meaningful to you?