Today, in an effort to allay some of the fears of prospective MBAs, HBS’s Director of Admissions, Dee Leopold, posted a Q&A on her blog. MBA candidates will quickly learn that not much has changed because of the financial fallout:
- The class will remain the same size.
- Financial services will not necessarily be disproportionately represented in the class; the school will examine all candidates holistically and will not have quotas for specific groups.
- Unemployed candidates will not be at a disadvantage.
- Exceptions will not be made with the GMAT deadline of October 15, 2008.
- Candidates should not submit their applications in the first round if it means compromising quality.