mbaMission

Blog

Beyond the MBA Classroom: First Coffee at Darden

When you select an MBA program, you are not just choosing your learning environment, but are also committing to becoming part of a community. Each Thursday, we offer a window into life “beyond the MBA classroom” at a top business school.

First Coffee, a long-standing tradition at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business,  is a daily event that takes place during the break between the first and second classes of the day. First Coffee is a time for students, faculty and administrators to relax and chat in an informal setting. Typically, the entire school gathers for First Coffee, which is held under the cupola in Saunders Hall, so it is a prime opportunity for announcements, award presentations, cultural events and even the occasional performance. In addition, the weekly Cold Call Chronicle student newspaper—which includes the very popular “Chips & Quips” column, highlighting amusing comments that students have made in classes that week—comes out at First Coffee. One second-year Darden student told mbaMission that although he had not thought much about First Coffee before entering Darden, looking back on his first year, “It is one of the best parts of the experience.” He added that it is also a good opportunity to learn more from the occasional recruiters in attendance about the inside workings of various companies that occasionally sponsor First Coffee.

For in-depth descriptions of social and community activities at Darden and 15 other top MBA programs, check out the mbaMission Insider’s Guides.

One Response

1. [...] at source:Beyond the MBA Classroom: First Coffee at Darden – mbaMission Share:Facebook Written by collegeevents Posted in Uncategorized Tagged with browser, [...]

Beyond the MBA Classroom: First Coffee at Darden – mbaMission | College Events